The Color & Design Inspiration Tool is developed by Home Color Queen Astrid Davidse. Well, that's how my team calls me... But looking at the amount of work I do, I feel more like a work bee than a Queen Bee!
As a little princess (all children can be royalty), I only wanted the biggest box of color pencils around. And drawing paper. Lots of drawing paper.
Graduated from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in The Hague, I have been working in fashion, print design, styling and color consultancy for over 25 years.
Trained and experienced as a fashion designer, I always prioritize color use as a starting point.
For the last 25 years, my focus has been on Home and Interior products. Go to www.astriddavidse.com for more information on this.
As I had to find my way in this world and missed guidance, I know what is needed to be successful, and I love to help new talents. I enjoy training my interns and lecture Color in Design two weeks each year at the Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology and at Saxion Design College in the Netherlands.
I love working with graduation students and make my lectures very practical, making the threshold for students to start working less high.
Scouting and analyzing trends and translating these in inspirational guidance and harmonious color combinations is what I love to do.
Years ago, I started composing these color harmonies for my design team to work with. When I showed these to clients, they said: "Astrid, these color groups are amazing! Can we buy these?"
So, now you can use my proven system to always using the right colors palettes too!
"With so much color data in my head, and working daily with new home decor designs and projects, I developed a method to consistently select and combine color combinations my clients, and my team, love to work with."
Save time and focus on your core design task
- 72 Colors each season: 9 Color Harmonies of 8 colors each
Instant Color Inspiration, the Easy Way, forget translating abstract trend reports
- Color Intelligence that Kick-Starts Your Color Choices
"Astrid, your color combinations are gorgeous. Can we buy them?"
That's how it all started. We showed our color combinations (made for internal use) to the clients of our design studio. They all wanted them.
So, here we are: Trend Color Harmonies for home products and interiors. For professional creatives who value fresh and updated colors (making color work more fun as a bonus).
Trend Colors that combine like a dream
Digital Color Palettes for your design software
- New editions: Spring/Summer in January and Autumn/Winter in June
"We use WGSN. I am very happy with them. But I need your colors for home textiles!"
It's almost embarrassing, but it seems most trend agencies specialize in fashion colors. We focus on interior colors only.
Build your Color Intelligence Library with more editions
These Home Colors you'll enjoy far longer than 1 season
Save 10% with a subscription
Of course, I cannot do this alone. Here is my dream team that works with me in the design & color studio.
From left to right:
- Martin Salet, my partner in life and business. Focussed on Marketing, Business development and non-design issues, like legal, logistics, financial, etc.
- Neeltje Schoenmaker, senior designer and, as a former lecturer at the Royal Art Academy, my partner in all guest lectures and setting up our Academy.
- Me, with glasses. 🤓
- Yodi Geernaert, former intern and, after a bachelor design course in the UK, now working in our design staff as a very versatile designer.
- Kelly Leever, our first employee, my right hand in design. Amazing how she can make very diverse, and always high-quality, designs.
(Kelly and Yodi work closely with me on the twice yearly development of the new Color Concept edition)
- Klaudia Lenarczyk, intern who worked with us on design and marketing presentation. We usually have 1 or 2 interns, twice a year.
Picture taken by Hessel Waalewijn, our photographer and friend, who always shoots our Color Concept images. Highly recommended!
Not in this picture are our freelancers working from home: Elia van Corstanje, Mirah Sutopo, Astrid Brockhus, Iris Merks, Toine Kers, Hanneke Siemer en Karina Petersen.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +31.70.3060623 (office hours Western Europe)